Click on map for more detail
Directions / Parking
Driving Time to Grand Rapids
Because of its access via the interstate highway system, Grand Rapids is only a few hours drive from most major Midwestern cities.
Directions to Downtown Grand Rapids
- US-131 Northbound (arriving from the South): Take Exit 85B (Pearl Street). Turn right onto Pearl Street at the light. Take Pearl Street through the next stop light and over the river to downtown.
- US-131 Southbound (arriving from the North): Take Exit 85A (Pearl Street). Turn left onto Pearl Street at the light. Go under expressway, through 2 stop lights and over the river to downtown.
- From I-96 Westbound (from Lansing/Detroit): Follow I-96 West to the Grand Rapids area. Take I-196 West (also called the Gerald R. Ford Freeway) to downtown Grand Rapids. Take Exit 77 C (Ottawa Avenue) to downtown.
- From Chicago/Indiana via I-94 East: Take I-94 to I-196 North/East to Grand Rapids. Continue on I-196 (also called the Gerald R. Ford Freeway) to downtown Grand Rapids. Take exit 77C (Ottawa Avenue) to downtown.
- From Holland via I-196 East: Take I-196 East to Grand Rapids. Continue on I-196 (also called the Gerald R. Ford Freeway) to downtown Grand Rapids. Take exit 77C (Ottawa Avenue) to downtown.
Most convenient is the parking area under the DeVos Place Convention Center with capacity for 700 vehicles. The entrance to the convention center's parking area is on Michigan Street. Other public parking areas are convenient to the convention center. Click here to download a Grand Rapids parking map (Adobe PDF format).
- Click here for DAILY DRIVE IN parking information
- Click here for OVERNIGHT HOTEL parking information
Parking signs will be placed in downtown Grand Rapids to help attendees find parking locations. Please look for the signs.
Flying to Grand Rapids
Gerald R. Ford International Airport, located about 20 minutes southeast of downtown, serves Grand Rapids. None of the downtown hotels operate airport shuttles. Metro Cab (616-827-6500) offers curbside service available at Door 4 at the airport. The fare to downtown Grand Rapids is approximately $35. Town car service is also available at an additional charge. See the Metro Cab dispatcher at Door 4 for details.